A water right in the state of Wyoming is permitted through the Wyoming State Engineer’s office

At this site you can learn a lot about the types of water rights, regulations, etc.


Another good publication: WATER RIGHTS INFO



There is a difference between an original water right application and petitioning to transfer water rights. A lot of the work in water rights now involves transferring water rights. This preserves the priority dates and allows for water to be put to beneficial use, sometimes in a more efficient manner such as with more modern sprinkler systems.

For instance if you are installing a pivot system there might be a need to review the water rights you have for the lands under the new pivot to make sure you have the coverage needed.

In Wyoming a Professional Engineer or Professional Land Surveyor

can prepare the paperwork for your water right


Feel free to give us a call or e-mail and we will help out.